Inbound Panasonic PJs

Discussion forum for all things related to home theatre

Inbound Panasonic PJs

Postby Callum » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:59 pm

Good day

By invitation I ask of thee, what news of Panasonic's projector offerings in 2011?

Be they driven by LED light engines? Or blessed with a new generation of LCD panels? A relective chip offering perchance?

Pray thee, do tell.

Callum
Callum

Re: Inbound Panasonic PJs

Postby WitchdoctorGaz » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:00 pm

Callum wrote:Good day

By invitation I ask of thee, what news of Panasonic's projector offerings in 2011?

Be they driven by LED light engines? Or blessed with a new generation of LCD panels? A relective chip offering perchance?

Pray thee, do tell.

Callum

Callum, I will phone the guys at Panasonic next week for a wee 'chat'. Certainly 3D is the buzzword for their PT-AE4000 replacement, how they implement it will be the interesting part...
Audiophilia 101: Nerdy twits sitting in sweaty lounges listening intently to their stereos with their eyes closed whilst forming a perfect equilateral triangle between seating position and loudspeakers in the pursuit of the ultimate musical truth.
WitchdoctorGaz
Influencer

Postby Callum » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:35 am

The AE4000 replacement won't be 3D, the other new model will be though. Apparently.

Regardless, anything else you can find out would be a worldwide scoop judging by the lack of info out there at the moment.
Callum

Postby Callum » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:28 pm

Any news Gaz?
Callum

Postby WitchdoctorGaz » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:50 am

Callum wrote:Any news Gaz?

I spoke to Rick Heywood at Panasonic this morning Callum. He said that he hadn’t heard specifics regarding either a replacement for the 4000 or a all-new ‘3D’ projector, but the model turnover usually happens around October so ‘watch out’.
He did explain some of the technical difficulties with 3D projection: either the use of shutter glasses/silver screens/polarised lenses would need to be employed, and it is a tricky process.
However the main reason why the PT-AE4000 hasn’t been replaced yet (usually models are replaced yearly) is its excellent performance. If it aint broke, why fix it?

Still I’m picking the end of the year for at least a 2D replacement for the 4000, market forces dictate that when the competitors introduce new models you have to follow suit :)

Full story to be found here http://www.witchdoctor.co.nz/index.php/ ... the-wings/
Audiophilia 101: Nerdy twits sitting in sweaty lounges listening intently to their stereos with their eyes closed whilst forming a perfect equilateral triangle between seating position and loudspeakers in the pursuit of the ultimate musical truth.
WitchdoctorGaz
Influencer

Return to Home Theatre