Anyone buy a 3D TV?

Discussion forum for all things related to home theatre

Anyone buy a 3D TV?

Postby AshleyK » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:01 pm

So after all the noise about 3D last year, did anyone actually buy a 3DTV and if so, has it worked out like you hoped?

For those who didn't buy one, are there any compelling reasons to buy one this year?
AshleyK
Site Admin

Re: Anyone buy a 3D TV?

Postby glennb99 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:20 pm

I just can't see :oops: the attraction really. Just seems to much hassle for some debatable improvement on some films.
I guess one day our kids will think it's completely normal - just like realistic holograms, full virtual reality etc.
LP12/Ittok/Benz Wood, Moon phono, CAL CD/DAC
Sonic Frontiers valve pre and SFS-40 power amp, AQ i/c
Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M spkrs with Kimber cable

Oppo Bluray to Bravia 40"
And various guitars, amps, drums, pianos which I don't play!
glennb99
Contributor

Postby Avis » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:03 pm

Being one of the few people i know to actually enjoy the 3D movie experience I honestly think that it was a stupid idea to release 3D television. And if they are stupid enough to ever replace our tvs with 3D tv in the future then i feel sorry for all the antimetropic, anisometropic and amblyopic people. Who really wants to sit and watch tv after a hard day of work wearing those awful glasses anyway?!
Avis

Postby Kiwimoto » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Three years down the track i think 3D will go the way of 8 track players,mini disc players,DAT tape decks...well you get the idea :roll:
AV rig:
B&W 802D's
B&W HTM1D
B&W SCMS
Wilson Audio WATCH dog Series1
Lexicon MC12HD/ZX 7
JVC DLA-HD 750
DVDO Edge
Pioneer BDP LX91
Kiwimoto

Postby T110 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:52 pm

I had a squiz at some 3D TV's and was amazed at how crap it all was. I couldn't imagine wearing those glasses all the time and the picture just seemed to be a bunch of 2 dimensional characters set in differing depths of field. A bit like a one of those old pantomime type stage shows. Bloomin rubbish in my humble opinion of course :roll:
Well Tempered. SAE. Dynavector. Grado. Goldring. Rotel. Rega. Pioneer. B&W. MIT. Van Den Hul. Chord. Audioquest. Tara Labs. Aviemore. .
T110
Boffin

Postby cloth_ears » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:08 am

T110 wrote:I had a squiz at some 3D TV's and was amazed at how crap it all was. I couldn't imagine wearing those glasses all the time and the picture just seemed to be a bunch of 2 dimensional characters set in differing depths of field. A bit like a one of those old pantomime type stage shows. Bloomin rubbish in my humble opinion of course :roll:

I've only seen the demo's in store, and the movie was anaimated rather than live action, but my impression was very much the same.

Personally I have no interest in investing in this gimmic.
RuleConnect - Making your world a better place; one cable at a time.
cloth_ears

Return to Home Theatre