Rotel 1565

Discussion forum for all things related to home theatre

Rotel 1565

Postby Kaka » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi

I've been rereading the old Rotel 1570 processor/1565 amp review and am still left wondering how good that amp is/what character it has (overall, top end, bottom end, speed, detail, heft ...)? Can you remember?

The column inches available meant that by the time the processor had been covered off there wasn't much room left to say anything about the power end of that mix.

Thanks
Kaka

Re: Rotel 1565

Postby WitchdoctorGaz » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:19 pm

Gidday Kaka,

Yes it was I who reviewed the Rotel duo, and yeah you’re correct about the column inches available. ‘500 words’ to write a review including discussing the inputs/outputs, on-board decoders, build quality etc etc. Didn’t leave much room to write about the sound quality lol!
But I was certainly impressed with the Rotels, they had good grip in the bottom end and a noticeable lack of transistor ‘glare’ through the midband extending into the higher frequencies.
The power amp used Rotel’s own class-D amplification and not ICEpower, perhaps explaining the improvement in SQ (earlier Rotel class-D 2 channel power amps used the B&O modules) - in musical terms the 1565 could be termed as slightly ‘laid back’ when playing music, a far cry from the usual HT Receiver tizz and wallop.
Definitely worth a look :D
Audiophilia 101: Nerdy twits sitting in sweaty lounges listening intently to their stereos with their eyes closed whilst forming a perfect equilateral triangle between seating position and loudspeakers in the pursuit of the ultimate musical truth.
WitchdoctorGaz
Influencer

Return to Home Theatre